Students in Grades 6 – 8
Summer Application (June - August)
School Year Application (September - May)
Book Buddies Application
Take a Junior Volunteer Survey!
Are you a student in grade 6 – 8? Interested in becoming a Batavia Library junior volunteer? Here is some information you will want to know.
• Straighten shelves
• Organize magazines
• Help prepare for special programs
• Cut out storytime projects
• Organize fingerplays or flannelboards
• Cut scrap paper
• Check puzzles and games
• Be on time.
• Dress neatly.
• Respect library rules.
• Call the library’s Youth Services department if unable to work that
• Sign in and out during volunteer times.
• Visit with friends after volunteer hours.
Still interested? Great! You may print the application from the link below or pick up an application from the Youth Services desk. Complete both sides and return to the Youth Services desk no later than the date noted on the application for the session your are interested in. All applications will be reviewed. Students selected as junior volunteers will be notified of their schedules prior to their start date.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Joanne Zillman or Ruth Arrott at the Library, (630) 879-4775.