Shoutbomb text message service allows you to use your mobile phone to receive text notices about:
· holds that are available
· items that are due soon, overdue, or renewable
Simply follow the prompts within the message to manage your account.
The Library does not charge a fee for this service, but your mobile phone plan’s regular text messaging rates apply.
A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message.
PLEASE NOTE: Choosing to use the Shoutbomb service does not change the email or mail notifications you have been receiving from the Library. This service is an additional method of managing your Library account.
· A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
Many cell phones can do this. It does not have to be a “smartphone.”
· The barcode number from your library card and the PIN for your account
How to sign up:
1. Send a text message to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the body of the text please type SIGNUP and then send the message.
3. Shoutbomb will send you messages.
4. Reply to the messages from Shoutbomb, asking for your library card number (14 digits, no spaces), your PIN code,
and your email address. If you don’t want to provide your email, then just type the word NONE.
· To stop receiving text messages, send a message to email@example.com and type QUIT in the body of the message.
· To add additional library cards to your text message account, type ADDCARD in the body of the message and then follow the prompts. To remove a card, type DROPCARD.
· To have Shoutbomb resend your last received message, type RESEND.
· If you need help with commands, type HELP to view a list of available commands.
· HL: Get a list of holds that are ready for pick up
· RA: Renew all eligible items
· RI: Get a list of items that are coming due and that cannot be renewed
· RL: Get a list of items you can renew
· OA: Renew all overdue materials
· OI: Get a list of items that are overdue and cannot be renewed
· OL: Get a list of overdue items you can renew